April 7, 2018 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Welding 2: MIG (HANDS ON)
Welding is a fabrication or scuptural process that joins materials, usually metals or thermoplastics, by causing fusion, which is distinct from lower temperature metal-joining techniques such as brazing and soldering, which do not melt the base metal
Have you ever wished you could weld? Whether you want to work with steel or aluminum you can learn the basics for both MIG and Oxygen-Acetylene from our HexLab resident expert. Also, feel free to stop by and ask for advice about a project you’ve already started. This class is intended to introduce you to the world of welding.
- Setup MIG welders
- Run beads
- Practice common joints (butt, corner, lap, tee, etc.)
- Group feedback on technique
- Failure analysis
- Complete a take home project
- $99 for non-members (this is a $84 class fee + $15 materials fee)
- $89 for monthly members (you do not need to be a member to attend our classes, however, members do get discounts!) Learn about membership
Must wear suitable welding clothes.
This means no synthetic clothes or open toed shoes, 100% cotton attire ONLY
Welding 2 provides students with a Hands-On experience. After taking Welding 1 and Welding 2 you will have learned how to weld using our MIG Welding machines. You will be able to operate a welder and take advantage of all benefits of this emerging technology. We are excited to share these skills with you!
18 and Up