July 24, 2019 1:00 pm - 2:30 am
Are you intimidated by the power tools in the wood shop? Don’t be! In this quick 90 minute course, Andre will show you how to use all the tools in the woodshop safely and effectively and even how some old fashioned hand tools can sometimes be faster and safer! This class will prepare you with the following skills
- Understanding of wood types, grain, and development of effective wood cutting strategies.
- The proper use of saws depending on cross or rip cut properties and finish desired, as well as drilling
- The use of proper hold down techniques for safety and part quality.
- Proper selection and maintenance of saw blades and other cutting tools including drills and abrasives
- How to purchase wood
- Basics of Wood Joinery (Mortise and Tenon)
At the end of this class you’ll be confident to work in the Woodshop! NOTE: this course is NOT required to use the woodshop but highly recommended if you are not already familiar and comfortable with woodworking tools. And even if you are…you may learn some new tricks!
AFTER THIS CLASS
You’ll be able to work in the Makerspace woodshop safely and confidently. We encourage taking Fusion360 or CNC1-3 to further your wood project design and creation skills.
Plus, 30 minutes of 1-on-1 consulting regarding 1 personal woodworking project is included FREE with the cost of this class.
18 and up
- $65 (Makerspace members are entitled to a 30% discount, see your monthly newsletter for discount codes!)
To purchase a ticket go to the relevant eventbrite link here:
For a %30 discount on all of our classes become a member of our maker space!
To ensure that spaces aren’t taken up by people who wont be able to make their classes, there are NO REFUNDS offered for any of our official classes (this may or may not include classes organized by 3rd parties which are hosted in our space). If you are not able to make it to a class please contact us and we will credit you for a space in another class.
MEMBERS MUST CHECK THEIR EMAIL FOR THE MONTHY DISCOUNT CODE. If a member buys a class ticket without entering the correct discount code we are not able to retroactively apply the discount. Codes are sent out every month and member discounts are not applied without manually inputting the code. If you are at all unsure about the discount code or discount process please contact us before buying a ticket.