August 25, 2019 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CNC 2: INTERMEDIATE 3 AXIS MILLING builds on topics covered in CNC MACHINING 1: INTRO TO 3 AXIS CNC MILL MACHINING AND CAM, focusing on more advanced topics in CNC milling, including:
- Machine metal using a manual Bridgeport mill.
- Advanced work holding techniques for the mill, including custom fixtures and jigs.
- Use of precision instruments like Dial Indicators and 1-2-3 blocks for calibrating machines and parts to high accuracy for precision work in metals and other materials.
- Tolerance requirements in design and understanding their importance.
- Part layout and project planning.
- Additional manual GCode creation
- Fusion360 CAM workflows.
At the end of this class you’ll be ready to take on my CNC 3: The Router Table class to learn how to operate the 4’x8′ CNC Router Table located at Hexlab Makerspace!
HexLab Members receive 30% off all classes. Don’t forget to enter your monthly member discount code on Eventbrite!
For tickets please visit the eventbrite page below:
For a %30 discount on all of our classes become a member of our maker space!
To ensure that spaces aren’t taken up by people who wont be able to make their classes, there are NO REFUNDS offered for any of our official classes (this may or may not include classes organized by 3rd parties which are hosted in our space). If you are not able to make it to a class please contact us and we will credit you for a space in another class.
MEMBERS MUST CHECK THEIR EMAIL FOR THE MONTHY DISCOUNT CODE. If a member buys a class ticket without entering the correct discount code we are not able to retroactively apply the discount. Codes are sent out every month and member discounts are not applied without manually inputting the code. If you are at all unsure about the discount code or discount process please contact us before buying a ticket.